This location is operating under temporary hours and functions with limited donation acceptance. Please visit https://restore.hfhcc.org/the-restore-is-reopening/ for full details.
About the Donation Process
The ReStore sells new and used furniture, appliances, cabinets and building materials and more. Proceeds from the sale of these items help Habitat to build affordable homes in Chester County. All donations are tax-deductible. A receipt for your donation is provided, however, you are responsible for declaring the value of the goods donated.
Large or bulk donations requiring two people and a truck may be eligible for a free pick up by the Habitat donation team. If scheduling a pickup, we request that donations are located on the first floor or ground level of your home with no more than two or three steps.
Smaller donations or those already having transport can be brought to the ReStore. The Caln ReStore is open to donation drop offs Monday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
ReStore drivers and staff will make the final determination on all donations. For additional information read below or leave a message on our donation line at 610-466-1890 and someone will return your call.
Schedule a Pickup
If you are ready to schedule a pickup for your gently-used items and are already familiar with our guidelines, please use our online form to begin arranging your donation. Please keep in mind that our pickup schedule can be booking anywhere from 1-3 weeks out, depending upon the time of year and your location. If you are not familiar with our guidelines, please continue reading for additional information.
All items must be clean, free of rips, stains, pet odor and excessive wear, and must be in saleable condition. Depending upon inventory at any given time, we may not be able to accept certain items. We retain the right to decline donations due to safety concerns, facility limitations, marketability, etc. All donations are ultimately accepted or rejected at the discretion of the ReStore team.
- appliances that are no more than 12 years old, in good working condition and clean, no rust (large and small: refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, toasters, coffee makers, etc.)
- area rugs (with bound edges)
- artwork/ framed wall art
- bedroom furniture (dressers, side tables, etc. No used mattresses or box springs.)
- building supplies (doors, doorknobs, switch plates, unused lumber, bricks (must be palletized), etc.)
- cabinets (used kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, etc.)
- household items (pots and pans, dishes, shoe racks, etc.)
- lawn equipment (lawn mowers, riding mowers, rakes, shovels, garden tools, etc.)
- light fixtures
- patio furniture
- sinks (kitchen and bathroom without faucets)
- small desks
- tools (hammers, nails, electric drills, etc.)
- upholstered furniture (less than 12 years old – no floral or plaid.)
- wood furniture (side tables, dressers, bookcases, coffeetables, etc. Due to volume, we do NOT accept dining tables and chairs.)
We Do Not Accept:
- anything broken, stained, torn, or damaged and requiring repair in any way
- armories that are actually entertainment centers
- baby items (cribs, pack and plays, high chairs, car seats, etc.)
- bathroom sinks and counters without vanity cabinet
- books, DVDs, videos, CDs, records, cassette tapes, and all media
- carpeting, flooring or tile (unless new, in original box and enough for a 10×10 room)
- chemicals – household cleaning supplies, lawn chemicals, bug sprays, automobile fluids, etc.
- clothing, window treatments or other textiles
- counter tops without cabinets
- desks that are over-sized (L-shaped, executive, etc.)
- dishwashers older than 2 years
- drywall or plywood less than ½ sheet
- electronics (this includes computer equipment, DVD players, printers, CD players, VCR’s etc.)
- entertainment centers/wall units
- exercise equipment
- hollow core interior doors
- hot water heaters, faucets, and other plumbing supplies used to carry drinking water
- hutches, buffets, or servers (unless part of a full dining set with table and chairs)
- ladders (unless new)
- light bulbs (unless LED)
- mattresses or box springs
- mirrors without frames (due to safety concerns)
- particle board furniture
- pianos or organs
- shower doors (unless new)
- tables and chairs (Due to volume, we do NOT accept dining or kitchen tables of any size.)
- toilets or bathtubs
- TVs (unless newer flat screen that hangs on wall)
- upholstered furniture older than 12 years (no floral or plaid)
- windows (unless new)
- window blinds (unless new in box)
- wooden ladders
If you have a question, please feel free to leave a message on our donation hotline, 610-466-1890, and we will return your call as quickly as possible.